
The good news, tomorrow is Fat Tuesday. The bad news, following Fat Tuesday is 40 days of "suffrage." However, there aren't too many people who participate in Lent anymore. So for those of you who don't bother or can't imagine life without something you value, try it out- it works to your advantage. Since I'm a food crazed catholic, I usually give up some type of food genre. In the past- I've given up fast food, fried food, salty snacks, soda, cookies, chocolate, and ice cream -ouch. Each year I try to give up some type of treat, because trust me..it's a personal struggle. AND NO MEAT ON FRIDAYS! This year, I'm thinking candy, after the nice Valentine's splurge. But I also want to incorporate something that may thicken my wallet and still be challenging. Some ideas could be; limiting dinners out to once a week, no Dunkin Donuts- brew coffee instead of buying, or no shopping for myself (clothes, shoes, books..whatever). It can be a behavior or bad habit as well, like swearing for example. Whether you're in for religious purposes or personal achievement, the practice of resisting temptation is always gratifying in the end. I'm sure you can think of something.
Leave some of your own past practices or recommendations for others, as well as myself. Best of Luck!
Note- Services and Ashes will be distributed Wednesday on Quinnipiac campus in Alumni Hall from 8am to 10pm
You might want to break up some of your paragraphs a little ... large blocks of text on your blog can be tough on your readers/users (yes, it's their fault for being lazy when they look at the block but it's our job to present it to them).
ReplyDelete